Helping people easily create, share, and collaborate on task lists and outlines
It’s settled: Checkvist Pro
We’ve been almost silent for quite a while. And there is a reason behind that.
For more than a year, Checkvist was completely free. We have a lot of happy users, a lot of great feedback. It is a real joy to work on the tool.
We got some requests from people who would like to donate to our service to say thank you - and these were indeed pleasant requests. On the other hand, monthly hosting bills led us to a thought that Checkvist should probably pay for itself, or at least cover some expenses.
So we spent some time and introduced Checkvist Pro plan. As we promised before, all previous features, already available to Checkvist users, remained free.
Checkvist Pro plan is subscription-based, and it costs $15 for 6 months. Its benefits are valuable mostly for those who collaborate using Checkvist:
- Daily digest of the changes. You can either subscribe on changes in specific checklists, or subscribe for all available checklists.
- Private read-only sharing. This feature is useful in a case when you want to show results of your work to someone, but disallow modifications from your reviewer (writeable sharing is still available for free).
- Full HTTPS support. You can use HTTPS protocol to work with your lists, which makes your communications secure. For all (including non-Pro) accounts, HTTPS can still be used to register in the system and update user profile.
There is also a couple of new things available to free accounts as well:
- You can specify a custom message when sending a notification about changes
- You can choose recipients of the notification, and also send a copy to yourself
- Notification e-mail message was reworked and is available in HTML format
Under the hood, we’ve also made several time-consuming changes, in particular, migration to Ruby on Rails 2.3.3 and MySQL InnoDB engine.
And now, after the release, we can provide more frequent updates.
Stay tuned and thanks for being with us :)